Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Would You Be More Likely To Hire A Gorgeous Girl/Guy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the mechanic, Oct 18, 2013.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... if you were a man in a hiring position and the applicant comes in all sexed-up, gorgeous, showing lots of T&A, would you be preferential to this person when you hired? would you allow this to happen? maybe it would be better for the position? i wonder how the ladies feel about this issue? would you as a woman be more inclined to hire a hottie?

2. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

Big mistake if you let attraction cloud your judgement.

the mechanic likes this.
  3. honeycomb

honeycomb Junior Member

I think it would depend on the job though. If you think about certain restaurants, they would often make waitresses wear very revealing clothes. I don't necessarily think that it's the most important thing, but looks/attraction defiantly plays a factor for some jobs.

the mechanic likes this.
  4. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... so true. you probably have to be attractive to get a job at a hooters restaurant for example. another example would be working as a model ...

5. Vivek Golikeri

Ah! In that kind of job, you do consider looks. But then again, you consider what customers will like, not what you like.

the mechanic likes this.
  6. Boyvan

Boyvan Junior Member

I have hired many people....good, bad & not so smart :) I will be the first to admit that good looks do play a part but it will only take you so far if you don't have the qualifications.

Even for servers if you can't balance or hold the drinks/trays then that's not good. I tip the servers based on their service not looks. If a server is a model but rude then I probably will not go to that restaurant; on the other hand if the server is average but had an awesome customer service skills....I will tell many others. So even for servers being a model will not really help you if you don't have the talent, even at hooters restaurants.

Vivek Golikeri likes this.
  7. Vivek Golikeri

Even in romance, I have the same attitude Boyvan expresses. Looks do count, because there has to be some physical attraction in a relationship or a marriage. However, if her beauty is cold or shallow she can bugger off. A lady of character and intelligence, someone with the qualities Mom had, is what I need.

the mechanic likes this.
  8. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

At the Cactus Club restaurants here they have girls wearing mini skirts.

the mechanic likes this.
  9. honeycomb

honeycomb Junior Member

Yeah, I hear that a lot of those chain restaurants have pretty strict slut dress codes

the mechanic likes this.