Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

"the best place on earth" is really pushing it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by really, Dec 27, 2013.

1. really

really Guest

Calling Vancouver "the best place on earth" is really pushing it. The housing market is rigged by rich immigrants who refuse to integrate, and are numerous enough to get politicians from their own countries to run, in some cases can't speak English. Is this really the best place on earth?

the mechanic likes this.
  2. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

"Best Place on Earth" refers to the entire province, not just the city of Vancouver....

the mechanic likes this.
  3. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

4. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... you're right, the claim is probaby false. who's making this allegation?

5. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

I can't really blame local Canadians for being angry if rich immigrants just buy up the place and run it like they were still back home. In thirty-three years in America I have related to Americans as mountain men or coureurs de bois related to the Indian tribes. They treated aboriginals and the wilderness with respect. They learned tribal languages and customs. They did not go recklessly cutting down trees or killing more animals than they need.

the mechanic likes this.
  6. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

really? so hunting the buffalo to near xtinction was just a Canadian thing?

the mechanic likes this.
  7. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

When did I ever say that? You interpreted my words that way. Come on, we all know that the same injustices or mistakes done back then in Canada were committed far more blatantly on my side of the border.

the mechanic likes this.