Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

"Stuff I've Seen In Powell River #20" Right Here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the mechanic, Sep 1, 2014.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... an invasion of super-otters! military action on texada island!

... in this "stuff i've seen in powell river" i talk about an otter attack on my home, the dumping of waste into malaspina strait, a giant searchlight on texada island, sea fair chemtrails and other things ...

... read it here: "STUFF I'VE SEEN IN POWELL RIVER #20"

... all comments are welcome!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  2. chrissy

chrissy Full Member

Evening mechanic
    I gather you live right on the coast ?

the mechanic likes this.
  3. the mechanic

... hi chrissy! :D

... yes, i live in a town north of vancouver and my home is right on the beach ...

... how are you?

4. chrissy

chrissy Full Member

I`am good thanks ,
    Have you always lived on the beach ? what is it like in stormy weather .

the mechanic likes this.
  5. the mechanic

... hi chrissy!

... the house i'm living in now i also lived in for a few years as a boy in the 1970s. then i moved back into the house in 2005 ...

... oh boy, storms! living in a beach house can be a little over-glorified -- it's very nice in the summertime, but violent storms in the winter can be quite distressing. not very fun ...

6. chrissy

chrissy Full Member

I can only imagine how scarey it must be for you with little protection from the powerful sea .:sad:
    Wow to be able to go back to your childhood home , i bet there was many changes but do you remember the storms there as a young boy .

the mechanic likes this.
  7. the mechanic

... i sure do remember the storms. but no, the house hasn't really changed that much over the years. one funny thing though: it's kind of weird to be sleeping in my parents bedroom now instead of my old childhood bedroom. lol ...

... do you have bad storms where you are, chrissy?

8. chrissy

chrissy Full Member

Lol ....The weather here has been really freaky in the last year it seems unpredictable , windy day are very windy and can be gale force , rainy days are heavy and the roads can`t cope and tend to flood easier , so lets see what the winter weather brings.....blizzards probably ....:down:

the mechanic likes this.
  9. chrissy

chrissy Full Member

But we don`t have a otter problem we only see them in a zoo :D
    I have a badger problem , not that i have seen or caught them.

the mechanic likes this.
  10. the mechanic

... lol. the zoo's the best place for those darn otters. but how do you know you have a badger problem if you haven't seen one?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  11. chrissy

chrissy Full Member

Oh the holes in my fields you can see where they have been digging with there long nails , there must be a setts in the ditch that runs parallel with my home .

the mechanic likes this.
  12. the mechanic

... i see ... :up: