Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Should You Invite Your Boss To Your House Party?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the mechanic, Feb 20, 2014.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... say you're having a saturday night house party and you're inviting a bunch of your co-workers to attend ...

... the question is this: should you also invite your boss to the party as well, even if you aren't close to your boss on a social level? would it be the correct political move or could it end up being a mistake? would you be comfortable with inviting your boss to the party?

... comments?

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

It just depends on the boss and how close I am with him. In my work environment, I wouldn't have invited any of my bosses just because I don't feel that close to any of them on a social level. I also don't often do social activities with my co-workers. I have a few that we would do some activity outside of work, but I have my own set of friends that I normally hang out with. If one of these friends end up being my boss, then I would definitely invite them.

the mechanic likes this.
  3. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... good answer, Stuntman! thanks for taking the time to reply!