Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Israeli Court rules Activist Rachel Corrie responsible for own death

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joe, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Joe

Joe Full Member

[​IMG]

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/aug/28/world/la-fg-israel-corrie-verdict-20120829

JERUSALEM — Nine years after their daughter was crushed by an Israeli military bulldozer in the Gaza Strip, the parents of American activist Rachel Corrie lost their legal bid Tuesday to hold Israel responsible for her death and force authorities to reopen the investigation.
    A Haifa judge rejected the parent's negligence lawsuit, calling Corrie's death an accident that she brought upon herself by refusing to leave what had been declared a closed military zone. "It was a very regrettable accident and not a deliberate act," said Judge Oded Gershon.

2. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

She brought it on herself.

3. Joe

Joe Full Member

Yes, she was foolish to be there, but I thought it was murder

The operator of the heavy machinery deliberately killed her.

I've driven large vehicles, and when I see a small child walking/running across the street I know when to stop.

4. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

Interesting. Is there clear evidence of intentional collision, like a videotape?

5. William

William Guest

Poor girl, To think that She refused to leave to save the House of those poor People. That house was destroyed to make new settlements on occupied land, And this girl was only trying to do something for a desperate Palestinian Family.
    War zone? what war? guys with stones trying to protect their homes? This was no war zone, It was part of the illegal settlements.