Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Contigo autoseal travel mugs at Costco

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by milquetoast, Jul 28, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Awhile back I bought an awesome mug / tumbler at Costco Downtown. I saw a boatload of them at the Richmond Costco recently, but haven't checked any other locations yet, they seem to go in and out of stock all the time so get them while you can.

You depress a button to drink and release it when you're done so it doesn't spill. It keeps drinks hot (or cold) pretty well.

They usually cost $20 for one, but Costco has it for around $20 for two in assorted colours (green, blue, purple, red IIRC).

One of the coffee mugs in the two pack is unpainted while the other is coloured. The colour of the button and cap for both mugs match the chosen colour. For example if you choose a purple package, you'll get one tumbler that's purple and one that's stainless steel. Both mugs will have a cap with a purple button and interior.

Here's my unpainted blue one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. alaina

alaina Guest

Where did you find it in costco, like what departments section cause Costco is pretty big

3. ema

ema Full Member

^ I don't think they sell it anymore.

4. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Nope they do, saw them at Richmond Costco 2 days ago. They're located differently in each warehouse, but should generally be near the kitchen appliances. Ask customer service to be sure. The colours I saw were ugly though, you only have a choice between green or red packs and the coloured tumblers come with some pattern printed design. The button on the lid is coloured black I believe... not as aesthetically pleasing as the older colour schemes and patternless designs.

Nevertheless, the patterned versions look better than the new Contigo mug model people are reporting to see at some Costcos. I suspect Ignite, the parent company created a exclusive budget version for Costco so people looking for the original version will pay MSRP on it. Check out the huge ass plastic button, it makes it look like a kid's mug.
    [​IMG]