Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Can you pay me back for your coffee?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bill, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Bill

Bill Full Member

2. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

haha, that shows money is the most important thing on that guy's mind. I often heard people saying Chinese people have only one thing-money on their mind because they like to show their wealth. what I would say is that what Chinese really wanted by showing their wealth is respect from others and dignity as a smart human being, not money itself. But this guy who asked for a paying back coffee money, what he wants is money, not respect or dignity as a human being.

3. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

the real respect from others and dignity as a human being come from donating money to the less fortunate , not grab money from them. but before you donate money you need to have money, Chinese have reached the second stage - have money, they still need to learn to reach the third stage - donate money. some people have not even reached the first stage yet - to own the money you can donate.