Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Finances & Real Estate Big Drop Predicted for Vancouver Real Estate Prices

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mission, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Amos

Amos Guest

I don't know what is wrong with people. For example, there is a condo by metrotown (Centerpoint is the condo name) 833 sq ft, going for $480,000. It's the ugliest apartment. Looks like a mental ward inside. You would have to be insane to buy in this building. Vancouver people are loonie to let the market get this out of control. Vancouver is a rainforest that's not worth paying the highest prices ever. All those realtors were laughing all the way to the bank from the locals insanity.

2. lumix

lumix Full Member

I agree $480,000 is too much to pay for a condo, more so in this case it is a resale condo, I rather top up that $480,000 a bit and buy perhaps a resale house in Surrey or Langley at around that price.

Realtors do make tons of cash from that $480,000 transaction but if the original owner bought the place cheap, this owner would have made a lot more profit than the realtor.

3. pervinder

pervinder New Member

Drop in price can only happen if land price goes down. Construction prices can never goes down. Yes no of houses sold in particular month can go up and down.

4. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Why? Both can go down. Land price is certainly a more important factor but construction prices are still subject to the same economic forces as any other industry.

5. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Only realtors and economists who have a vested interest in real estate are denying some sort of correction.

[​IMG]