Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

24 Hour Dim Sum

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by hagowsiumai, Nov 26, 2014.

1. hagowsiumai

hagowsiumai Guest

are there any 24 hour dim sum restaurants in the lower mainland? i remember a place on joyce and kingsway way back but it closed down.

2. Henry

Henry Junior Member

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I don't think we have 24/7 dim sum anymore but there's definitely all day dim sum and late night dim sum in Vancouver and Richmond. I don't think the lists on Yelp and Urbanspoon are accurate though.

4. Henry

Henry Junior Member

I try to rely on the most recent reviews to see if they still have late night food

5. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I dug up an old list of places where you can have dim sum for dinner but discovered that many of these places have now closed. This is assuming you mean Cantonese dim sum (southern). You can get usually get northern style and shanghai dim sum all day. As for the restaurant on Joyce and Kingsway I don't think they were ever 24 hours but they did serve all you can eat dim sum.

Late Night Dim Sum in Vancouver
    Pelican Seafood Restaurant 又一村海鮮酒家 on 1895 East Hastings (until 1-2 am)
    HKYK Seafood Hot Pot Restaurant 香港英記火鍋海鮮酒家 at 120-3260 No. 3 Road in Richmond (until 4 am) - Closed

All Day Dim Sum in Vancouver
    Jade Dynasty 玉龍軒海鮮酒家 on 137 East Pender in Chinatown
    Pink Pearl on 1132 East Hastings
    3G Vegetarian Restaurant on 3424 Cambie Street (Vegetarian)
    Kam Wai Dim Sum on 249 East Pender - Restaurant side is closed but they still serve take out style on styrofoam
    Shota Chinese Cuisine on 755 Burrard - Closed
    King Fortune Seafood Restaurant on 755 Burrard - Closed
    Fantastic Restaurant at 3309 Kingsway - Closed, well known for their AYCE dim sum

Feel free to add if I'm missing anything!