Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Where to talk to international students who specifically want to have a conversation/make friends?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drake, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Drake

Drake Guest

I would like to make some international friends and learn about their culture (japanese, korean,etc). I'm thinking the best way is to help them learn English.

I heard there was a place where native English speakers can volunteer to help international students to learn, however I haven't been able to find a place. I was hoping to find people of my own age, around 22s. I saw some groups on meetups, but they seem inactive and small (under 10people and looked like an older age group 30+). Or I could be wrong and maybe not all the attendees show/post that they are going?

I know I could just go to downtown and just talk to people randomly, but I was wondering if there was a better place where students specifically meet for a conversation? I have also checked some online forums, but they took seem to be either inactive or older age group.

If you could point me in the right direction or offer any suggestions, I would appreciate it!

Thank you.