Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Transit Jobs NOW!!! Coast Mountain Bus is HIRING!

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by Superchecker, Nov 19, 2011.

1. TypeRNammer

TypeRNammer Full Member

@Superchecker

If you do not pass the interview stage, I believe it's a one year wait until you can apply for a driving position.

But then again every case is different.

Superchecker likes this.
  2. GuyinNorthVan

GuyinNorthVan Junior Member

...you are not helping me with this anxiety!...lol.

3. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Ok... I know it's only 6 months for Office jobs...

TypeRNammer likes this.
  4. Kr6505

Kr6505 Full Member

Hey guys..I went out and got my class 4 learners permit today. Barely passed, one more wrong answer and I would've failed. Anyways got it now. Just need to send it to HR. Still waiting as well to hear back about the reference checks. Hopefully not too much longer, the waiting is driving me nuts.

GuyinNorthVan and Superchecker like this.
  5. Kr6505

Kr6505 Full Member

I'm so sorry to hear that. Don't give up yet. Keep trying and apply for everything you can.

Superchecker likes this.
  6. Superchecker

City of North Van requires AUXILIARY- TRUCK DRIVER/SWAMPER 2's... $28.58 hr PLUS 12% in lieu of benefits.

MUST already have a Class #3 with Air!

www.civicinfo.bc.ca/careers/ OR Google City of North Vancouver.

7. marcerickson

marcerickson Junior Member

Did my panel interview on Wednesday - I don't think I aced it but I think (hope) I did well enough to move on to the next stage.

Thanks, superchecker, for your posts and info.

user, GuyinNorthVan and Superchecker like this.
  8. Superchecker

You're welcome! best of luck!

9. Kr6505

Kr6505 Full Member

Hello everyone! Got an email today stating the reference check was completed. I need to go and get my criminal record check done.
    Does anyone know when the medical exam is done. I'm confused about because when I was at ICBC I asked them about the medical form we need and I was told I don't get it til AFTER I pass the road test but the road test isn't done until the ninth day of training. So if anyone out there that is quite new and has done the process recently please let me know
    Thanks

Superchecker and user like this.
  10. ConventionalMan

ConventionalMan Full Member

If I remember correctly, you get the blank form from ICBC when you do your test for the Class 2 learners permit. It is labelled with your info which you then take to the medical when it's your turn. You do need to pay for it ($27 I think?) but of course it needs to be done before training. I think whoever you talked to at ICBC was confused.

Which happens. It actually happened to me. When I went for my Class 2 Learners, I told the clerk I needed to have the Air Brake Endorsement. I ended up taking 2 tests that day, of which I aced both. The funny part is the test I was given was the actual Air Brake Exam. I absorbed enough info from the book that I passed it. I still had to write an Air Brake Test for CMBC to prove that I knew what was what after training, but I was quite surprised as was the training department and my instructors lol.

Anyway congrats to all and continued good luck!

11. GuyinNorthVan

Hi all,
    It seems that I passed the reference check. I was asked to resend the Class 2 permit with the #15 endorsement (this was missing in the document). All good!:D

user and Superchecker like this.
  12. GuyinNorthVan

Update:
    Criminal Check done and delivered in person. RCMP charges $57 for this....it's not free!
    Waiting for Medicals now....
    More updates:
    Bronagh just called to schedule my medical test..!:)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    user and Superchecker like this.
  13. GuyinNorthVan

Medicals scheduled for Monday at noon. Last step. :)

14. TypeRNammer

TypeRNammer Full Member

Criminal record checks are never free...

At least yours was cheaper than mines.

I paid $70+ from VPD

GuyinNorthVan likes this.
  15. Kr6505

Kr6505 Full Member

What! Really? Holy crap! Did you go to the one on Cambie?

16. Kr6505

Kr6505 Full Member

Went and did my criminal record check. They told me it will take 1 to 2 weeks for me to get it in the mail. More waiting... Oh well this is starting to get expensive lol...15 for the learners, 70 for the CRC, I think another 30 for the medical form..After all that I better be offered a position!!jk

17. Kr6505

Kr6505 Full Member

I was on the 19 going westbound and the guy driving was training. I'm just curious to what week you start driving and picking up passengers?

18. Kr6505

Kr6505 Full Member

Have you heard anything yet??

19. Superchecker

Conventional Ops are picking up people in week 3. Week 5 and 6 are spent out "Line Training"; a different shift every day with a regular Op there to assist you.

20. GuyinNorthVan

Wow! one or two weeks for you to get it? I got mine in 5 minutes and 30 min later HR already had it.