Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Things that make me over eat and get fat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flutterby, Mar 4, 2015.

1. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

-white, refined flour and rice. I get a sugar spike and blood sugar drop shortly afterward and then I eat like a horse for 2 days. White flour is often cut into the ingredients of 'whole wheat' bread and grain foods.

-monosodium glutamate: Makes me eat like a horse for like 3 days after consuming the stuff plus I want more msg for a good 5 days after consuming it once - so withdrawals are a problem.

-white refined sugar/honey: blood sugar spikes and then drops and I fall asleep. Then I feel weak and shakey for at least a day and feel chronically 'hungry' for 3 days when I'm clearly not, it's the sugar that makes me feel 'hungry'...ravenous in fact.

-pasteurized milk/cheese: I don't know why but I get a blood sugar spike and drop with these foods and then eat like a horse and feel 'hungry' when i'm not.

When i avoid these refined foods/additives I never get ravenously hungry, even if I miss a meal and I eat normal portions.

When I eat the foods above, I feel chronically hungry all of the time and i'm not....it's just the blood sugar drops.

2. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... hi flutterby! how are you today?

... fattening foods? pizza i find i have to indulge in in moderation. big macs too!

3. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

I used to love pizza too ....probably all the salt. But the crust is always cut with some white flour, even Panago's 'whole grain' so it causes a sugar spike and drop and i can't eat it....ugh.

the mechanic likes this.
  4. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

Over eating is all about the blood sugar. You eat foods that spike the blood sugar, the body's insulin reacts and then you have low blood sugar and you crave food (sugar) in an attempt to normalize it. Your body goes into shock when your blood sugar is high.

5. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

Strangely enough, our food cravings are often a 'wonky' attempt by our body to meet real nutritional deficiencies in our body. I'm starting to understand that my bacon cravings are usually a 'salt craving' thing due to Adrenal Fatigue; which doesn't mean I need more salt but more minerals. I have read online, for instance, that bacon cravings can be reduced by taking regular vegetable juices. Here's an ok article outlining what nutritional deficiencies our cravings are attempting (erroneously) to remedy:

http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/what-do-your-food-cravings-really-mean/

"The craving is an indication that it(your body) wants to make sure it gets what it needs, the difficult part these days is, we have so much processed unnatural food at our disposal that we often get confused about what our bodies are actually asking for. The foods you crave may NOT contain that nutrient and often the person eats unhealthy empty calories in place of nutrient dense wholefoods."

For me, craving cheese is just about craving salt which means i'm low in minerals......How backward!

the mechanic likes this.