Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Seniors Home Bans Christmas Trees: Is That Fair?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the mechanic, Dec 10, 2013.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... i overheard someone say that the seniors living facility he lives in has prohibited the residents from having christmas trees in their rooms. i didn't catch the reason but i'm assuming it's for safety reasons ...

... is that fair? is it even legal? i wonder how widespread this is? are there apartments or condos that prohibit christmas trees too?

... comments?

2. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

probably a flu issue.....just put a mask on it.........LOL........just tell staff its had all its shots

the mechanic likes this.
  3. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

i could see allowing one tree in the eating area or the communal room, maybe just a tiny shelf one in an individual's room. real pine needles would mean sweeping tho....

the mechanic likes this.
  4. the mechanic

... oh most definitely, flutterby. at least give them something to look at ...

... the thing is, the christmas tree is a sacred symbol of christmas so it could be seen as a civil rights violation to take it away from anyone ...

... and thank you very much for your reply ...

5. compass

compass Junior Member

Live cut Christmas trees do get banned in some apartments. The Strata claimed it is a fire hazard and the ban is in the bylaws.

the mechanic likes this.
  6. the mechanic

... i asked my mom about this who lives in a seniors condominium in vancouver and she said they're allowed to have christmas trees there ...