Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Moving to Canada and Working (Dentist)

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by Valentina, Jan 9, 2012.

  1. Valentina

    Valentina New Member

    Dear Guys

    I'm Valentina. I'm Italian. In the next two years I'd like to move to Canada to live and work. My husband is Canadian and a dentist like me. I'd like to ask some questions and curiosities about our work in Vancouver, its organization (it will be very different from Italian one) and to meet some colleagues over there. Next August we are going to Vancouver on holiday, it could be an opportunity to meet us. My private e-mail is: valentinacov@gmail.com. Contact me if you want.


  2. milquetoast

    milquetoast Senior Member

    You should look into the process of transferring your dental license. I'm not sure about the case for dentists, but for foreign-trained doctors, Canada is notoriously strict with its equivalency regulations. Many of them have to give up their profession to live here because their credentials aren't recognized. A lucky few will get the opportunity to compete for limited IMG residency spots to redo their training and recertify.

    Try checking this resouce: http://www.cicic.ca/2/home.canada

    Edit: Also found a relevant blurb on wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dentistry_in_Canada#Foreign-Trained_Dentists

Share This Page