Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Flashing multi-colour star

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Mar 31, 2013.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I've seen seeing "stars" that shimmer and quickly cycle between red, green and white. I've seen two looking west in the sky. They twinkle a lot more than the surrounding stars.

Anyone know what they are? Thought they might be satellites but they're stationary.

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Still not sure what these RGB stars are.

3. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

Generally, bright stars in the west could be Mercury or Venus. Also, stars twinkle due to the atmosphere.

4. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

It is awesome how those super-telescopes have detected exoplanets in other solar systems. In future generations, as more humans live or spend long periods in space, our ability to observe the stars will multiply manifold. We might also develop a way to harness the Solar Wind, which is the steady stream of electrons spewed out by the sun's inner activities. If that is accomplished, humans in space will treat themselves to a free, never-ending source of power.

5. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

Sounds like a Spaceship I saw in Halifax a few years back. I won't say UFO because i'm identifying it. There was so much of this kind of activity there at that time.

Vivek Golikeri likes this.
  6. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

Does Nova Scotia have any military bases or installations? That might explain why Halifax experienced a spate of these sightings. Those aliens may be concerned about humanity's warmongering capabilities, and therefore the might be monitoring us.