Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Students Finding a studying partner

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by Clarence Su, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Clarence Su

Clarence Su New Member

Hi
    I am a new immigrant from china.I just have been Canada for about a month.I was so busy dealing with my document for settling that I could not practise English often. Lacking of vocabulary and listening, I can't very fit in the life here.I can't understand what the native people said though they just used some simple words which I have learned.I think my grammar is OK and I can read and write well,though sometimes I lack of vocabulary.As my new tern in 12 grade is coming in September,I really want to improve my ability to communicate in English quickly. I urgent to find a friend as well as study partner who is under 17, can talk with me in English and is patient because it maybe uncomfortable to talk with me in English sometimes.In return, I can teach you Chinese,if you are interested, and help you with maths which ,I think, I am pretty good at.Or if you love playing badminton,I think I am also a good partner for you.
    I live in Vancouver, British Columbia,Earles ST.
    You can mail me in [email protected]
    I am waiting for your contact.

2. ema

ema Full Member

I honestly think you should just wait for when school comes in September, you'll make friends. It's fine lol.

3. Clarence Su

Clarence Su New Member

But I am very urgent to improve my English speaking now.It is so unconvient that I can not communicate in English well.

4. ema

ema Full Member

No one really wants to go out of their way to meet a stranger lol just to talk normally people pay money

So the best free advice is for u to go to your local community centre and sign up for english lessons or just to chat with people

5. Clarence Su

Clarence Su New Member

Mmmmmm...... I see , thank you for your advice.