Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Feature Indigenous People on Canadian Banknotes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miki Dare, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Miki Dare

Miki Dare New Member

[​IMG]

I have started a petition to have our government feature Indigenous people on Canadian dollar bills. I was inspired by Merna Forster who used a similar petition to get the government to agree to put a woman, Viola Desmond, on our ten-dollar bill. I am hoping to get as many people to sign and spread the word. If you are interested - that would be excellent. The link to the petition and more information is:

https://www.change.org/p/bank-of-canada-feature-first-nations-inuit-and-métis-people-on-canadian-banknotes

Please sign the petition and pass the link on to any and all. This is my first time doing a petition, so if anyone has any tips or ideas to help get the word out, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much. Hope you have a great day!

2. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

Great idea. Should have been done 20 years ago.