Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Canadian Alternative News Site..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flutterby, May 13, 2016.

1. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

2. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

3. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

4. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

5. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

6. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... CBC isn't alternative, it's as disgustingly mainstream as news gets ...

7. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

8. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

Looks like lawyer's web pages are good places to find out the real news these days:

9. the mechanic

... oh yeah, because attorneys are such honest people. lol ...

10. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

11. the mechanic

... interesting site but the news looks very mainstream and not alternative unless by alternative you mean different from the big ones ...

12. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

13. the mechanic

... i'm not sure but i believe i might've heard the proprietor of this site interviewed on a nanaimo radio program. his big complaint is that "corporations" are undermining democracy and government which i find impossible to agree with. companies do a lot of good for canadians. however, i do concur with some of his complaints about the mainstream press ...

14. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

15. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

16. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

Public Radio International:
    https://www.pri.org/about-pri

"Public Radio International (PRI) is a global non-profit media company focused on the intersection of journalism and engagement to effect positive change in people’s lives. We create a more informed, empathetic and connected world by sharing powerful stories, encouraging exploration, connecting people and cultures, and creating opportunities to help people take informed action on stories that inspire them. "

Listen:
    https://www.pri.org/listen

17. the mechanic

... thanks for updating your list, flutterby ...

... i'm finding the CBC impossible to listen to these days -- it's the anti-TRUMP, pro-lawyer, pro-indigenous people network these days ...

18. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

19. flutterby

flutterby Active Member