Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Attach photo with resume?

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by Steph, May 28, 2012.

1. Steph

Steph Guest

So I have been applying to various job ads but not having much luck. Most companies tell me they don't have any openings so they cannot take me... which is probably just an excuse for rejecting me :(.

What do you guys think about me including head shot on my resume? I ask because I'm an attractive girl lol :X3: and would think that more people would want to meet me in person if they knew that. The picture wouldn't be inappropriate or anything :p. I'm worried that it might come off as unprofessional!

Thx

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

We need some pictures to properly ahem... "assess" the situation.

3. ema

ema Full Member

*cough* Stuck up.

PICS OR IT'S NOT TRUE

Btw, I know someone looking for a wife. He's making good money so you won't have to work, downside or maybe upside is that you have to be a Christian. LOLLOLLOL
    Msg me for details, with full body shot and measurements.

4. GivesBadAdvice

GivesBadAdvice New Member

Definitely not unprofessional! Don't be afraid to flaunt your appearance to get a job interview. HR personnel perceive that as confidence which is highly sought after!

5. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

Perverted employers will hire you.

6. MikeGillis33

MikeGillis33 Junior Member

I agree with the comment on top of mine.

Usually the only places that need pictures are specific restaurants and model agencies.

At the end of the day it's best to be hired by your skills and not looks, you'll be kept on payroll for better reasons.

7. New2VAn

New2VAn Guest

I know it's a bit unheard of here, but apparently it's standard practice in some places in Europe.

I'm in a similar ship... I know if I can get an interview my chances of landing a job go way up because people tell me I "shine". Whatever that means... LOL.

But getting that interview can be tough. When I email them, I do provide a link to my linkedin page, which tells a bit more about me, and has a picture.

I also follow up with another email a few days later.
    Good luck for both of us!

8. BeenThere

BeenThere Guest

Like what Mike said...I really wouldn't unless it's some kinda model agencies or specific restaurants... besides, if a company that you want to work for hires you...do you really want them to hire you because of your appearance and not your abilties? I suggest you don't even go there...looks don't last, only your experience and skill sets that last forever...! Focus on what you can offer to the different companies than your good looks!