Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Tech Android Powered Samsung Camera

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Night Of GuardianS, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

[​IMG]
    Looks like Samsung wants to take a stab at making an Android powered camera as well. Today at IFA they announced their upcoming device and I have to say, it’s looking pretty sweet. Not only is it an Android powered camera, but it can hold its own against ANY Android device on the market. Here’s the spec breakdown:
    • 1.4 GHz quad-core processor
    • 8GB built in storage
    • Micro-SD Slot
    • 4.8-inch capacitive screen
    • 16.3 megapixel BSI sensor
    • 23mm equivalent F/2.8 lens with 21x optical zoom
    • 3G/4G
    • A-GPS, GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.0
    • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
    • 1,650 mAh battery
    That’s right. This camera has more power than most of the phones and tablets on the market. I’d love to give this gem a whirl. This could really pave a future for Android powered cameras going forward. That’s not to say that Nikon’s camera will be a slouch, but Samsung has established themselves as a leader among Android devices so they will have the easiest time in getting people to buy into this new idea. But that’s just my opinion.