Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

wow! is it reallt that bad living in BC....!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by simon999, Jun 26, 2011.

1. simon999

simon999 New Member

guys...im in a dilemma...
    there's a possibility of a job for me in ontario, where ive worked before, but my heart is in BC...

but ive been hearing a lot of negative stuff about BC...how expensive it is, the drug problems, the homeless problems, gangs, constant bad weather, stuck-up residents (by stuck up i mean people who think they are god,s gift to the earth, or something like that!), etc etc

now, ive been to BC many times, and ok, ive seen drunks, ive seen the house prices, ive been thru rainy months, ive met a few stuck-up people but whats new i say?
    these things are everywhere...ive seen exactly the same stuff in the uk where i spent virtually 30 yrs of my life!

is it really that bad in BC? and what about the health system? doesnt the state provide health care, like the NHS in the uk, or do you have to have your own private health insurance?
    in which case, whats the point having a health card then? im not being ignorant here..i just dont know and would like you BC residents to tell me pls.

2. APReal

APReal Junior Member

Sounds like you've been talking to people in Toronto:D
    You're coming from the UK>

BC is amazing, and I say that as someone who moved there as well. There's a bit of rivalry between some of the major cities in Canada, and many will say bad things about the others. I'm sure if you made a topic about Ontario we could go on and on about why it's bad.

The truth, both are amazing places to live. Many of my good friends in Vancouver are from the UK & feel like they've found paradise in BC. Most have applied for or received their permanent residency, & those who have gone back to the UK miss it badly.

3. WorkforGov.

WorkforGov. Guest

comsidering tha the Liberals and TransLink had reduced bc Residents to near slavery with high taxes and expensive groceries, high MSP fees, higher ICBC premiums than every province in Canada, bc is a Province propper for masochistic individuals who like to be humiliated. You don't believe Me? try it!