Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Wings Pub - Free pound of wings at 1 year anniversary Hawaiian Party - July 22

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by milquetoast, Jul 21, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

To celebrate their 1 year anniversary,

Wings Pub & Grill at 6879 Kingsway, Burnaby is offering a free pound (lb) of chicken wings at their Hawaiian Party on Thursday July 22nd, 2010 from 11 am to 7 pm.

You could also win one of two Apple iPads or a 42" TV.

No minors. No cash value. Valid only on Thursday July 22nd 2010 from 11 am to 7pm. Not valid with any other promotion or offer. Valid only at Wings Pub & Grill Burnaby. Limit one free pound per customer.

[​IMG]

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Note: When the Wings on Granville downtown had a similar free lb wing event, I actually ran into some issues. That particular promotion didn't have the "Not valid with any other promotion or offer" clause and none of their staff informed us of this.

Cliff notes:
    1. No clause about Sunday special not applying, no one mentioned this.
    2. Much larger bill than expected.
    3. Useless managers that basically said "too bad".
    4. Didn't even end up getting a good deal on the mediocre food.
    5. Piss poor service, not going back.

We ordered a few extra lb of wings since we did appreciate that they were holding such an event. However, we were under the impression that the extra wings would fall under the special Sunday price. Nothing suggested otherwise. Their online flyer (unlike this Burnaby one) didn't state that it couldn't be combined with any special offers. Even if it did have that statement, "any other promotion or offer" is ambiguous. To me, that statement means special promotions that are off menu such as coupons, not their regular Sunday deals that are on the menu.

In any case, it would have been nice if they informed us. After we got the surprise bill, we brought up our concern to several staff members, one of which was supposed to be the manager. Their answer was "too bad, there's nothing we can do for you" and "It's just $20". :rolleyes:

In the end, the wings ended up pretty expensive and instead of attracting potentially attracting a new customer, they've left a bad taste in my mouth.

I also heard that they required a drink purchase with the free wings. This is understandable and completely reasonable since giving away free wings is crazy, but if that was the case they should have stated it in their advertisements. False advertising is never acceptable.