Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Discussion Why is there no boombox with no cassette and no ipod docking station?

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by stack, Jan 17, 2013.

1. stack

stack Junior Member

It is so hard to find a decent boombox these days. What is wrong with the boomboxes in the stores?

First, it has cassette deck. I thought cassettes are long gone? Why in the world does a boombox from Sony has a cassette deck?

Second, most boomboxes has an ipod docking station. No, I don't have ipod and will not buy a ipod so I don't want a boombox with an ipod docking station. Why in the world the manufacturers assume all people love ipod or iphone for that matter and have a ipod docking station in their boomboxes?

There are not many brands to choose from. The big names, only Sony and Sony boomboxes has a cassette deck. Other cheap brands like Curtis, Magnolia, somehow have either a cassette deck or ipod docking station or the product is outright ugly/poor quality.

I really want to buy a decent boombox from Sony, Panasonic, JVC, or SamSung with no cassette deck and no ipod docking station.

Ps. The CD player and AM/FM tuner need to be there.