Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Why do rich Asians and Persians flaunt their wealth?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by edge, Sep 27, 2014.

1. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

you don't really know Japanese' life. I had some Japanese students who studied Chinese language from me when I was in China 10 years ago, what they said about their life are not as good as what you imagined. their family are all at middle class level, their parents work long hours (sometimes 16 hours a day) to make ends meet, they usually live in cage houses (tiny apartments), food is way more expensive than in America. the worst thing is you have to please your boss and colleges to keep your job or position even after work, such as having drinks with them, even you hate alcohol, you have to drink alcohol with your boss and colleges everyday afterwork.

2. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

As to the word "civilized" or "developed" when used to depict a country, I usually look at the situation of women and children in that country. In Asian countries, Japanese women & Korean women have less rights at home than Chinese women, they have to always obey their husband & children. Chinese children are more spoiled than children in other countries due to China's one child policy, parents & grandparents ( 6 adults) spoil the only one child in the whole family.

the mechanic likes this.
  3. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

All right, I see where you are coming from. I agree with you totally that the subjugation of women in traditionalist cultures is disgusting.

4. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... really? the children are favored by the family and extended family in china? but then that's sometimes the case with so-called "only" children here too. nonetheless, you've related an EXTREMELY FASCINATING social observation, maple leaf. thanks for sharing it with us ...

... you do know that china recently amended its one-child only policy right?