Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Discussion Where to find haircuts under $20?

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by stack, Jul 28, 2012.

1. stack

stack Junior Member

Any recommendations?

2. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Isn't GREAT CLIPS just $15??? And, I think they occasionally have coupons in the $9.99 range???

Maybe "Back to School" sales last week of August?

Years ago, there were "dueling" hair places at 70th & Granville, each trying to be less expensive than the other??

3. stack

stack Junior Member

Thanks, I did find some Great Clips locations. How about independent salons, if any?

Point Grey
    4416 West 10th Ave
    Vancouver, BC V6R 2H8
    604-221-1183
    M-F 9a-9p, Sat 9a-6p, Sun 11a-5p

Dunbar(at 29th Ave)
    4484 Dunbar St
    Vancouver, BC V6S 2G5
    604-732-5123
    M-F 9a-7p, Sat 9a-6p, Sun 10a-6p

Champlain Square
    7038 Kerr St
    Vancouver, BC V5S 4W2
    604-433-6867
    M-F 9a-9p, Sat 9a-6p, Sun 11a-5p

Paramount Twin Towers
    #2 4299 Kingsway
    Burnaby, BC V5H 1Z5
    604-438-4005
    Hours: M-F 9a-8p, Sat 9a-6p, Sun 10a-5p

4. droid

droid Junior Member

Does the haircut includes a rinse?

5. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Along Victoria Dr. from about Kingsway to 49th, there are a ridiculous number of hair salons and a barber or two. It's most concentrated around 41st. Starting at $8 (no rinse).

These are Asian places though, so YMMV depending on how you communicate with them.

Chinatown will also be cheap.

6. stack

stack Junior Member

Reminds me of the Chinatown hair salons along Main St, close to Hastings St.

$8 is definitely a steal.

7. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

Ever since the station square haircut place closed down, I have been getting my haircut at a place inside the Metrotown in the second floor. It is across from the Disney store.

8. stack

stack Junior Member

Which one? Disney is at ground floor. If across Disney store, are you refering to the salon next to Coast Capital? On second floor, there are a few salons but quite some distance from Disney store, so unsure of which salon you are talking about. Price?

9. Night Of GuardianS

Oh yes the first floor on that part of metrotown. It becomes the second floor around the Zellers and Sears. About $15. Not expensive and not cheap. Pretty reasonable. I leave a $3-$5 tip.

10. stack

stack Junior Member

I'm still unsure which one it is. Do you know the name of the salon? $15 sounds like a right price. You are generous in tips.

11. Night Of GuardianS

Yes new to to capital one.

12. stack

stack Junior Member

13. Night Of GuardianS

I mean next. My phone does an auto spell correct.

14. mission

mission Full Member

The best deal in town is the Iraqi barber at 6th St in New Westminster. He is located just before 5th Ave after Hon's Restaurant. There is a big banner hanging outside his shop advertising for $5. That's an unbeatable price. For that price, don't expect a nice, good haircut. That would sounds like a quick 5-minute cut.

cheeseshredder likes this.
  15. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I believe you're referring to Baghdad Amir Barber Family Hair Salon :). It used to be New West Hair Design. I've never been there personally.

415 6th St New Westminster 604-521-8535
    [​IMG]

The Cutting Den in Cloverdale is also $5.
    17581 57 Ave Surrey BC 604-418-6815

16. mission

mission Full Member

Yes, I was referring to Baghdad Amir Barber Family Hair Salon. Didn't know it went through a name change. Guess the owner thinks association with Iraq/Baghdad will bring in more business..

17. Superchecker

Received $9.99 coupons for Great Clips in the mail last week? Back to School deals...

Saw a commercial for JC Penny, FREE haircuts for kindergarden thru Grade 6 aged kids, this month???

18. mission

mission Full Member

Weird, didn't know JC Penny has hair salon.

19. Superchecker

20. Superchecker

Saw $6.99 sign for haircuts along Kingsway (east Van) today...