Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

What's the point in putting a battery in the alarm clock?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elmware, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Elmware

Elmware Full Member

I have 2 alarm clocks. Both have a compartment for a 9V battery. After a winter where we had wind storms almost every day and I would come home to flashing clocks, I decided to invest in some rechargeable 9V batteries.

So now my clocks have batteries installed and whenever the power goes out, I find one clock ahead by about 20 minutes and the other ahead by about 90 minutes.

So either way, I still have to set the time on them irregardless.

Kinda defeats the purpose.

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

What brand is your alarm clock? The battery back up usually works fine for the alarm clocks I've owned.

3. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... a wristwatch is a good way of keeping track of time since it doesn't have to be plugged in. when i get home i take mine off and put it on the shelf and it's my primary time source. computers also keep track of time well, even when not plugged in ...