Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

What did you have to eat today?

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by ema, Jun 22, 2010.

1. ema

ema Full Member

@cheeseshredder:
    You can cook for me any day!! That steak dish look good :D

I had singaporean vermicelli with chili sauteed shrimps

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

[​IMG]

While getting sake yesterday, also picked up a bottle of white wine.

Cut up some maple smoked bacon and fried with diced onions, garlic, mushrooms. Salted to taste then added some white wine. After letting it sit for awhile, I added the cream, some mozzarella and parmesan. Pepper to finish.

The scallion pieces actually didn't go well with the pasta, I just put them there for some colour and then ate them alone :p.

3. SparklyGirl

SparklyGirl New Member

Fresh raspberries and watermelon....interesting combination :)

4. Seal

Seal New Member

French toast with bacon and orange slices. Bit of a breakfast really, but who's counting. :)

5. makitawa

makitawa New Member

Seafood salad at a nice restaurant.

6. oceanvoxguy

oceanvoxguy New Member

chicken salad in yaletown :)

7. ema

ema Full Member

Mac and cheese with sausage and onions.

Boiled some pasta, took some cheese--grated it.
    Sliced some sausage and onions. Gave them a nice sauteed...and yup.
    Fatty goodness lol

8. KMBourke

KMBourke New Member

unfortunately all I had was bagged salad :(

Need a better dinner

9. milquetoast

I had a root beer float ice cream float. ie: root beer float ice cream swimming in root beer

[​IMG]

10. milquetoast

Having some lemonade right now.

Yesterday was a rib steak. De-glazed the pan with red wine into a sauce and served over asparagus. Also had a Clam Chowder from Safeway, pretty good for grocery store soup.

11. milquetoast

Sockeye Salmon congee garnished with chopped cilantro and scallions. Ginger Ale to drink.

12. chowtimes

chowtimes New Member

Squid Salad. It was awesome.

13. milquetoast

Vietnamese chicken salad, except chicken is replaced with turkey (frozen left overs from last year :p).

Bánh canh (the clear broth variety) with added cuttlefish.

Green bean soup

14. ema

ema Full Member

You're too Viet for me.

I had Pasta Alfredo and some Red Bull with ice in a thermos lol

15. milquetoast

Canadian back bacon and pastrami sandwich made with french bread, avocado and a mixture of mayo, cream cheese & seasoning salt.

16. milquetoast

Two Spicy Mama Burgers from A&W. Pretty tasty (but not spicy, super mild) for $1.99 each.

[​IMG]

17. milquetoast

Decided to redeem some of my group buy passes for lunch yesterday, pretty damn filling. Re-Up's BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich, Blushing Mango smoothie and some southwest chicken wrap from Jugo Juice. Lady at Jugo Juice was nice and gave me the blender left over in a separate cup. The pulled pork sandwich was good, but in general pulled pork is a bit single toned for my tastes.

The wrap was salty and super messy to eat (got it all over my jeans and shirt :(). They had flatbread varieties at the same price that I overlooked which would have been more worth it, albeit I wouldn't have been able to finish all the food then. The smoothie wasn't that great, I had the whey protein add on which made it taste pretty bad and turned the smoothie into a meal by itself. I suspect the gingko or ginseng from the boost shot made the drink slightly bitter too.

[​IMG]

18. milquetoast

Sockeye salmon congee with enoki mushrooms and lobster oil from The Cannery (Olive & Ciboulette).

19. ema

ema Full Member

I had a veggie&cheese panini from Ike's Cafe today :)
    The yam gives it such a nice texture!

20. skater84

skater84 New Member

Ok Every single day (during weekdays) I Try ti ead fish!! I think it's very healthy and better than meat..also some rice and beans saldad and natural fruit juice