Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

water bottles...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 6u-huo.l.uV, Apr 30, 2011.

1. 6u-huo.l.uV

6u-huo.l.uV Moderator Staff Member

so my friend and i are quite wary of nasty reusable water bottle caps. a couple of times, we've seen some of our friends' sigg lids and they looked kinda nasty and moldy.

last year or so, i bought a 1L sigg bottle and having the new lining inside it, the bottle was out of use really quickly. the lining peeled off the threading on the bottle within a few months. so... i decided to just clean it and put it somewhere and deal with it later.
    today, i was just tidying up my room and i saw my bottle again. don't know why, but i decided to open it. when i untwisted the cap (didn't know i tightened it that much) and some "air" escaped. i looked at the lid and this is what i saw:

[​IMG]

and a closer look.....

[​IMG]

full. blown. fuzz. NASTY.

2. ema

ema Full Member

wash your bottle caps duh

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Looks like oreos.

Most people don't wash them that well, check your friend's tumblers and bottle caps. You're guaranteed to find nasty shit. In this case, he stored it CLEANED. Microscopic stuff gets adhered to the washer that's impossible to wash off. The lid probably had some moisture leftover when it was capped on.

4. ema

ema Full Member

am I the only idiot that carries her San. Pallegrino bottle around lol, water seems to taste better in glass LOL HAHAHAH rofl.

5. 6u-huo.l.uV

VOSS loooool

6. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Those bottles have such a narrow neck, how do you clean them well? Btw, I checked my old Sigg just now, it's super dusty but no mold (h5). Cap wasn't on very tight though.

7. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

I don't know why water makes those dirty stuff. The cup I use to brush my teeth would get these black stuff inside and under it.

8. 6u-huo.l.uV

guess it's from microbes and stuff. water from your tap is not completely sterile, neither is your cup, and neither is your bathroom.. at least i assume so