Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Automotive Waive unpaid Impark parking tickets by donating to The Salvation Army

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Nov 26, 2014.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

In their yearly PR move, Imperial Parking Canada (Impark) is hosting a one day, 4 hour event in Vancouver where anyone who has an unpaid Impark parking violation can get it waived by donating a toy of equal value.

Each item waives one ticket so you need to bring an equal number of toys if you want to get rid of multiple parking tickets.

You need to bring your violation notice, statement or license plate number.

The event will take place on a weekday Thursday, November 27, 2014 between 7 am and 11 am.

Toy donations are made to the Salvation Army. Puzzles, books, gift cards, lego, sports equipment and gifts appropriate for teen are specifically requested.

Salvation Army Belkin House
    555 Homer Street
    Vancouver, British Columbia

2. peetatweet

peetatweet Guest

shame it doesn't cover DPS and city parking tickets which i have plenty of. i f'ing hate diamond parking services, bunch of scumbags. no one really pays these private parking tickets anyway. only the municipal ones matter when you renew your license.

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

@peetatweet, they tow your car if you have enough tickets but you can avoid this by changing your license plate for $18 at ICBC. DPS and Impark do sell your debt to collection agencies but I'm not sure if it affects your credit scores.

4. abcd

abcd Guest

hey how did they check the donated toy value? i might do it next year

5. Henry

Henry Junior Member

You have to supply them with a receipt

6. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

What a lovely idea! Instead of paying parking tickets to the government, donate the amount to a worthwhile charity. However, this depletes municipal funds so I don't think the local commissioners will be too sanguine if such a policy is proposed.