Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Visiting Vancouver in November

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alkata85, Jul 6, 2014.

1. alkata85

alkata85 New Member

Good Morning :)

I live in Australia & we are planning a trip to Vancouver.

Is it miserable in November? I have read that November is a rainy month?

Any suggestions, opinions on when to visit etc are greatly appreciated.

Alyssa :)

2. bill barilko

bill barilko Full Member

Beyond miserable-cold, dark by 4 o'clock, rainy and essentially uninhabitable

Go to Mexico-I'm serious it's several orders of magnitude better than here in November-look to smaller places on the Pacific coast and throw in a few days in Mexico city a fabulous place to visit.

3. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Hello!: It can be very wet and windy in November...

But, it can be quite scenic with the leaves changing colour and such...

And it usually doesn't rain 24/7...

July thru September are usually the driest months... We had great weather into October last year....

There is always something to do, regardless of the weather or time of year... Some enjoy a walk in the rain....

There are numerous city attractions, including: Gastown, Chinatown, Robson Street, Granville Island, Stanley Park, Museums, the Aquarium, Science World, Queen Elizabeth Park...

Day trips up to Whistler, or over to Vancouver Island... Across the line towards Seattle...

CFL Football.. NHL Hockey... We have a variety of nightclubs and events... Maybe Google The Georgia Straight (Weekly Entertainment magazine)....

You can also Google HelloBC as well as Tourism Vancouver...

4. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

If you need any public transit information: I am your guy! Or www.translink.ca