Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Vancouver's controversial pro-Palestine ads planned for other Canadian cities

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joe, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Joe

Joe Full Member

[​IMG]

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/Va...ine+planned+other+Canadian/8844897/story.html

2. Bine

Bine Full Member

You are modern and full of passion. Let freedom ring. I like this forum because freedom, freedom to express!

3. Jacob

Jacob Guest

Is it controversial or realistic? Looks like a human body attacked by cancer, poor guys.

4. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... and why exactly is it controversial?

5. Bine

Bine Full Member

I saw one yesterday on the side of the #7 Dunbar Bus at 4th and McDonald.

6. the mechanic

... confiscation of land is something the city of vancouver is VERY familiar with. my family even had some land illegally seized by vancouver back in 2006. so it makes total sense that vancouver would promote and glamorize israel's supposed invasion of palestine ...

7. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

I too agree that the settlements in the post-1967 territories are both morally wrong and a needless provocation. However, before some of us start going gung-ho with Israel-bashing, kindly understand something. Displacement has been a two-way street between Jews and Arabs. For every one Palestinian who is stateless or languishing in refugee camps, there is a Mizrachi Jew who found ( or whose parents or grandparents found ) a home and automatic citizenship in Israel.

Millions of Hindus became refugees from newly created Pakistan in 1947, and a poor country like India which had recently suffered the Bengal Famine accepted them as citizens. We have friends who lost everything. Some had to run for their lives from Muslim barbarities. If the Arabs with all their damned oil cannot absorb and assimilate these Palestinians, Hindus and Jews don't give a tinker's damn what complaints they voice against Israel!

the mechanic likes this.
  8. the mechanic

... pro-israel ads have appeared in vancouver's transit system in response to the supposedly anti-israel palestine ads. here's one of them:

[​IMG]

... interesting that these ads aren't getting as much media interest as the others. the reason is because many associate israel with the u.s.a. and vancouver possesses an anti-america streak ...

9. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

Good! I don't blindly sign off on everything Israel does, but we need more people to speak up in defense of Israel.

the mechanic likes this.
  10. the mechanic

... speaking of vancouver's aversion to the u.s.a., you might recall that someone actually had the gall to file a lawsuit against george bush a few years ago in the vancouver registry of the bc supreme court!

... by the way, it was bruce allen who happened to mention these new pro-israel ads on his radio commentary the other day ...