Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Vancouver Riot Downtown after Canucks Lose Stanley Cup 2011

Discussion in 'NSFW' started by milquetoast, Jun 15, 2011.

1. JayTrumm

JayTrumm Guest

Could you offer a link to any reports? This would be very good news as would be the news of the construction company firing Connor.

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

3. Anon

Anon Guest

[​IMG]

ohh shit, i think the guys on the left used to go to david thompson secondary.

far left - Kevin Hoang http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=785465036
    masked blue jersey - Vincent Wong, went to tecumseh and david thompson
    green cap - O'Neal Basra

cheeseshredder likes this.
  4. Surrey

Surrey Guest

oh snap...
    [​IMG]

5. milquetoast

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More kids:
    [​IMG]

LOLWHAT

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. 7783869761

7783869761 Guest

[​IMG]

This is Darren Watroba:
    [​IMG]

7. annonamess

annonamess Guest

hey so look just have to say this because it is rediculous you people need to relise that your action affect everyone so your fucking team lost get over it now you made canada look stupid immature and all around dumb like really did you have to destroy. everything in your city just because of a hockey team lost.

You can say what you like to defend your action but everyone in vancouver look like a bunch of kids yes i am canadian but im ashamed of it at this point because of what you have all done i am at a loss for words i just wanted to share my displeasure with your actions and i did not no where else to do it so i went to a forum i apologize to the people that did not do anything you have now been put in a group of people that need to grow up and for that i feel bad.

8. Anonny

Anonny Guest

9. milquetoast

10. milquetoast

With all the hate going around, I think I should mention that those that are wishing death and other horrible things to the people participating in the riots are no better than they are. Think about what you're saying, people. You're wishing death on somebody that took two swings at a glass window?

It doesn't excuse what the rioters have done and they should definitely feel the consequences, but human psychology is flawed in the sense that we easily follow mob mentality and peer pressure. Coupled with alcohol, I am sure that many of the armchair critics would fall victim to mob mentality. I am also sure there many of the rioters are regretful for what they've done.

Before anyone accuses me of being a part of the riot, read my previous posts :).

11. I agree with the idea that these people should not be killed or threatened. However, ID'ing them should be done. The group mentality thing is history, people want to stand out. That is why they make the facebook pages and the posts. Very well, if you want to be unique and post about how cool you are, here is the result.

I have seen a few people who posted about being there and being scared, trying to get out. They were in the middle of this and never wanted to be a part. They did not go home and post about how cool it was or what they did on their FB. So just being in the crowd is not a valid excuse.

12. Pengola

Pengola Guest

The spectators are just as moronic as the riotters for egging that intense atmosphere on.

13. milquetoast

14. MtCal

MtCal Guest

There's video footage of him grabbing the stick and trying to smash the window.

15. vitalbeach

vitalbeach Guest

yup, he goes to my school.

16. mationfb

mationfb Guest

in an earthquake, will it be the looters that define our city or the caring citizens? we def won't be as civil as japan though.

17. milquetoast

No argument to that. It's just that some people in the facebook group are suffering from the same kind of mob mentality as the rioters. Seriously, taking screencaps of yourself sending death threats to alleged rioters? That's probably worse than 90% of the rioters.

18. milquetoast

19. milquetoast

[​IMG]

Tim Kwong apologizes:
    http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=180717388648080&id=513353896

20. HelloBC

HelloBC Guest