Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

US SHOPPING WARNING !!!

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by doradora, Jul 21, 2014.

1. doradora

doradora Guest

Do yourself a favour as you travel back and forth from the US by car this summer: DO NOT stop at the outlets outside of Seattle (Tulalip in particular) and leave luggage or anything else in your vehicle while you shop. Not even locked in the trunk.

We were on our way down to Seattle for the weekend and stopped for a browse at Tulalip. We thought we were being sensible by emptying the front of the car and putting everything into the trunk but thieves still broke in and took all of our stuff during the two hours we were shopping. The people at the shopping centre said that it happens ALL the time, yet they have NO cameras or any theft-prevention measures in place. The police deputy sounded, if anything, annoyed that YET ANOTHER Vancouverite was reporting a theft if his jurisdiction. Needless to say I'm not counting on getting anything back.

I know in general it's not considered wise to schlep around lots of belongings and leave them in the trunk of a parked car, but since stopping at these outlets is pretty common as people travel back and forth, it's something thieves have started counting on. Plus I'm sure having BC plates makes you a target by default.

It's not worth the risk!

2. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Been down there a half dozen times without any problems...