Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Translink Public Transit Stories

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Jul 1, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

[​IMG]

The story seemed to be: old drunk guy gets on the train and pushes some kid who then turns around and pops him in the face before walking out. The drunk got abusive when someone got skytrain security to check if he was ok, then he left the train to go bleed on other things.

2. milquetoast

[​IMG]

On the 20 Victoria
    [​IMG]

3. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Customer Service/Relations is open weekdays 8am til 4pm: 604-953-3040...

4. milquetoast

5. Superchecker

"7482" is a S-U-R-R-E-Y- bus.... What happens in Surrey, Stays in Surrey???

Or, whats that other phrase that got a relator in trouble?: "Don't be SORRY and Live in SURREY, MOVE to Richmond!"

Say cheeseshredder: Do you ever find yourself on a "R" Richmond bus? Some of them find their way out to South Surrey & White Rock from time to time....

6. stack

stack Junior Member

What is that 7482 number? How do you know they won't move that bus outside Surrey?

When Translink got new busses, the Vancouver and Burnaby routes got them, they move the old buses to the Surrey routes. Now only Surrey routes has the busses with the thick bulky cushion seats.

7. milquetoast

Is there a way the general public can identify buses by the bus number?

8. Superchecker

Generally speaking, all new buses "start" in Burnaby, but as newer buses come into use, "older" buses get moved to other depots....

Most buses also have a letter at the beginning of the vehicle number: B= Burnaby, N= North Vancouver, P= Port Coquitlam, R= Richmond, S= Surrey and V= Vancouver...
    T= can refer to either TransLink (HandyDart) or Training... A= is for administrative... The little Community shuttle buses all have S, but are housed through out the system...

From time to time buses do get moved around, and some depots are quicker than others to update the right letter in the vehicle number...

Richmond currently has a bunch of S's, and P's as well...

I saw 7482 a week or so ago doing #640's= which is a Surrey route...

9. Superchecker

Every transit vehicle has a coach number/vehicle ID number... The full sized buses have a 4 digit number, the smaller community shuttle, and admin vehilces have a 3 digit number...

Years ago, like up until 15 years ago, the 1st number in the 4 digit coach number refered to which depot the bus was based out of. "2" (2000 series) has always been the city electric trolleys, "3" (3000 series) used to mean Oakridge, "4" (4000) = North Van, "5" (5000) = Burnaby, "8" (8000) = Victoria, "7" (7000) = Surrey and "9" (9000) was for Port Coquitlam...
    But, somewhere along the line they ran out of numbers? Plus there were 2 sets of numbers- the real ID number for insurance purposes, and then the specific depot number? So they streamlined everything and then added the Depot letter to the ID number...

10. Superchecker

11. stack

stack Junior Member

Interesting, I bet somewhere along the line, they would run out of numbers.

12. MikeGillis33

MikeGillis33 Junior Member

How many people actually follow Translinks rules?

Sometimes (when the creeps are out) I wish they would be more up tight about their policies.

13. milquetoast

Limitation of trolley buses

[​IMG]

14. milquetoast

This was a few years ago so my memory is fuzzy, but I noticed that I never posted the story. On the 41 to Joyce Station, there was a stressed out middle aged Asian man with an accent who was arguing with people and just generally causing a scene. He kept saying that he was under a lot of pressure (reminiscent of HK bus uncle but in broken English).

Bus driver tells him to get off and as he's stepping off the bus he shouts "you get off you bitch".

15. heh translink needs spellcheck ... ;)

[​IMG]

16. TPL

TPL Guest

Happened to my friend...

Omg so there was an asshole on the bus who won't give his seat to the old lady who was holding on to the pole for her dear life. So.. I called him out for it and asked him to offer his seat. And instead he responded with "Are you ordering me? Suck my dick!" So I told him that that's harassment and I will report him to the police. I tried to take a picture of him but he covered his face and got off the bus stat. I hate people. I'm sure this stuff happens all the time and some might think I should just brush off events like this one. Ladies, assert your rights and don't take shit (harassment) from people. The bus has CCTV and I just made a phone report to the non-emergency hotline.

17. milquetoast

From the SkyTrain outage in September.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Elmware

Elmware Full Member

One time a bus driver kept playing the "Please leave by the rear doors" over and over until I finally shouted "OKAY SIR, WE GET THE MESSAGE!"

19. Elmware

Elmware Full Member

I was sitting right next to this guy.

20. Elmware

Elmware Full Member

Has anyone ever noticed that the newer the buses are, the fewer seats they seem to have? Especially the Nova buses.