Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Translink Public Transit Stories

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Jul 1, 2010.

1. ema

ema Full Member

Has it worked for you? Or have they rejected you like always?

I believe the 43 UBC needs an emergency button SOMEWHERE...
    A little boy fainted and everyone was screaming STOP THE BUS, STOP THE BUS. Took the bus driver 10 minutes to hear all of us.

I like the bus driver who I tend to get but I haven't been taking the bus lately, he'll tell you tourist places and he tells you that he's heading to UBC in 5 minutes.

2. TheChengMan

TheChengMan Junior Member

I saw two 14 yr olds break out in a fight for a jolly rancher in front of me LOL

3. Tommy

Tommy New Member

I was on the skytrain this one time and this other girl came onto my cab at one the stops to tell the skytrain official the dude on the other cab was totally jacking it. That is all.

4. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Saw this posted on fb. Ignore the guys that filmed this, they come off as more idiotic than the two Chinese ladies. The "kid" in blue holding the Canadian flag seems to have some kind of developmental disability so I wonder if that was what started the argument? Lady in the pink could have stared or mocked the boy.

5. milquetoast

Saw a lady with the twitch eating take out Chinese food on the bus while trying to converse with her friend. Rice ended up on her jacket and the passengers next to her were a bit weirded out. I don't know why people eat on the bus, it gives me a nasty "public washroom" vibe.

Saw another guy trying to insert his debit card into the cash slot on those ticket machines at the Skytrain station.

6. milquetoast

Weird brown dude gets on the 41 today, walks to the back and sits on the FLOOR in front of an asian girl in a really short skirt. When she put her purse over her lap and turned sideways, he groaned and got up.

He kept mumbling something to himself and started smoking a cigarette when he got off at Fraser.

[​IMG]

7. I don't think I can find the right words to express how upset I am with Translink right now...

So today when I was waiting for the 49 Knight bus at 49th and Fraser St, I noticed a mother and son duo. The mother, around 80 years old was in a wheel chair. The son was very concerned about the mother because they've already missed two buses and she was starting to shake from the cold. He takes off his jacket and gives it to his mother. He bares with the cold in just a thin tshirt.

The 49 Express Knight bus come around 4:42pm. The second half of the bus is empty, but it is fairly congested in the front. I let the other people get on, since they are older. Just as I stepped up to the door, intending to request the bus driver to ask people to walk back so the old lady and son can get on, he closes the door on me. Half of the bus was still empty.

The son apologizes to me for missing my bus. I didn't mind, but appreciated his courtesy. The next bus comes at 4:45pm. The bus was fairly full, but the wheelchair ramp was broken. I got onto this bus.

I saw the next bus, immediately after the one I just got on. That bus left without even considering to let the shaking senior on. The mother and son were the only two waiting at the bus stop.

I hope they're okay, and I wish the best for them.

People, please learn to move to the back of the bus.

8. milquetoast

Heiky likes this.
  9. phil

phil Guest

How do they expect the people to take the bus when it is taking your life in your hands riding the bus. I was riding the number 4 bus near 4th avenue and Alma Road and a bunch of teenages start to push and swear on the tolley bus. The bus driver made them leave but they continued to box and fight outside of the bus on the sidewalk. I needed to get off the bus too but I was too afraid as they were still fighting and swearing so I went up to Broadway to be safe. It is now too dangerous to take the bus.

10. j_j

j_j Guest

at commercial, we both got on, and sat down, she in front, I behind.

She had like watermelon jugs, thin waist, and everyone was looking at her.

Some well-suited guys came around, sat beside her, and flirted with her.

She liked to 'party', but always looked back at me, smiling.

One of the guys, no joke, B list movie star (wont say name just in case get in trouble), gave her his room key, and VIP night club pass. She took it, but said she needed to go home, then come back.

After they left, she told me, it happens all the time. Anyone and everyone talks to her because of her breast size. So, I asked who?

Damn, she has been with Diddy, Snoop, Affluck, almost with Pitt, and others. I asked why the train? she lost her license, dui twice. I then said get a driver, she said the dude's pay in the beginning but after nothing.

Still got her digits, but never called. dont want to know they are fake or not (pun intended).

Ya, lots of stories of head, shooting up, girls gone wild....oh, i live in slurrey.

ay-ite,
    jj

11. 6u-huo.l.uV

6u-huo.l.uV Moderator Staff Member

not really a story, but not sure what to think of this:
    [​IMG]
    PACKED skytrain last night. dude's there sitting and chatting with the two women behind him. i assume they're a group. anyways, he's got one leg up on the seat beside him, not looking around to see if anyone wants that seat. he has luggage, mind you. bottom left corner, but it's not bulky enough to really prevent anyone from sitting there. guess people just don't want to sit there enough. ffff

12. Guido

Guido Guest

I remember once a homeless person was allowed on the bus to elicit funds from unsuspecting, and I might add, paying passengers. Unbelievable. And if he got aggressive? Oh well, part of taking transit in Vancouver!! Just don't touch the bus driver.

13. mission

mission Full Member

There are still a good number of people who don't have Facebook.

14. mission

mission Full Member

15. mission

mission Full Member

All persons, homeless or otherwise should be allowed to board a bus. It is public transportation.

But when the person starts to solicit funds from the passengers, then that should not be allowed.

The point is the bus driver would not have known the homeless person is going to solicit funds on the bus.

16. milquetoast

Some people are reporting sightings of a bus decked out in christmas lights and reindeer antlers.

17. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Hello!! Every year the mechanics/service department at CMBC does convert one "city" bus and one "Community Shuttle" bus into a reindeer bus... They assign those buses daily out to various routes... I would assume they would be assigned to "city" routes such as vancouver & Burnaby??? And then mid month, they also drive those buses around to all of the transit works sites and gather up all of the Toys 4 Tot's that transit employees are donating and then deliver them to teh Vancouver Christmas Bureau!!

The BUZZER BLOG over at www.translink.ca usually posts pictures and info about it every year...

18. milquetoast

[​IMG]

When this happens to me, it is a smelly homeless person.

19. Sammy

Sammy Guest

I was on the number twenty bus and I saw a group of caucasian teenagers picking on a single chinese girl. They were not joking either. They had mean looks on their faces and they knocked her toque off her head. I saw people piss themselves and pass out and I have met lots of cute girls on the bus. Lots of stories, but I never take public transit anymore. It is too filthy.

20. milquetoast