Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Transit Jobs NOW!!! Coast Mountain Bus is HIRING!

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by Superchecker, Nov 19, 2011.

1. 2018JS

2018JS Guest

How did the training go? I hear it is quite intense ? Any tips you can share for success ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2019
  2. 2018JS

2018JS Guest

hey everyone,

I’m starting my training as an operator soon, wondering if anyone can share any tips for success... I’ve heard that the training is quite intense, so am feeling stressed in anticipation... thx in advance

3. Jaan662

Jaan662 New Member

Hi,

I have read through 75 pages of this forum so far. Got some insight to what to expect for the Customer Service Test and English Comprehension test.

Safety first and then customer service.

The email talks about ability to diffuse possible conflict situations.

Can anyone Pm or post any information to help? My test is tomorrow, and sometimes common sense isn't common and I'd like to think I have it, but don't we all?

Thank you in advance.

4. Kr6505

Kr6505 Full Member

Hello everyone! It’s been a long time since I’ve been on here. Last time I posted was last year when CMBC terminated me for taking time off when my mom was sick. My greivance went to the second stage, my union rep fought real hard for me but it was no use. I’ve been in a bad place emotionally for 7 months now. But I picked myself up and now I’ve just been hired with a bus company that does charters and picks up and drops off school kids. Way better than CMBC!!

user likes this.
  5. Jaan662

Jaan662 New Member

Glad to hear you're doing better. I read through this entire forum in the last two weeks and read your posts. From trying to get in to getting in and getting let go of.

Hope your new career works out for you and you remain happy.

Good luck with it :)

6. user

user Full Member

Hi! Long time no see.

Good to hear that you are doing better now. Best of luck with your new career!

7. S-checker

S-checker Guest

Hi Gang, I haven't been posting here much lately, been more active over on Reddit.

FYI: TransLink is moving ahead with the mayors councils ten year plan to increase and expand service through out the region. More buses, more often, extended SkyTrain, a third SeaBus, light rail for Surrey.

They need more staff! In particular more drivers, but many other opportunities too!

Keep an eye on those websites, check often for all opportunities!

Good luck!

8. Remedys

Remedys New Member

Is there anyone who applied for the Transit Operator position this year between June to July?

9. MunchMunch

MunchMunch Junior Member

where is the super checker? he crashed and died?

10. Figaro

Figaro Guest

I post mostly over on www.reddit.com/r/vancouver these days

11. B-14

B-14 New Member

12. Van86

Van86 Guest

I applied last month. I got to the interview step. Now I’ve waiting over a week with no response. Slow and steady I suppose.

13. Van86

Van86 Guest

I applied recently and got to go to the panel interview step in Surrey. Now I’ve been waiting over a week with no response. Boy is it a slow process.

14. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Hi gang... Had problems signing in here for the past year or so.... But I'm back now!

TransLink and Coast Mountain Bus Company have a ten year, $10 Billion dollars expansion plan. Need to hire and train 500+ new drivers each year. Opportunities pop up almost daily. Keep your eye on the ever changing list of postings over on the Coast Mountain Bus Company page off of www.translink.ca/careers

New training classes every two weeks. Recent announcement of delaying the three new Bline routes until early 2020.

15. Newbiee

Newbiee Guest

Got a question since superchecker is back!:)
    I’m at the last stage of hiring process now, just waiting to get in training..
    But it’s been a month since got email from HR. How long should I wait more..? I heard from one of the driver that training part is quite busy nowadays... I totally understand the long wait but just wanna know...

16. New Flyer

New Flyer Guest

Good to see you back :) I wasn't able to access the site for a stretch of time.

17. Gkt

Gkt Guest

Hi..can anyone tellme what is hiring process nowadays..what is video and customer service test

18. Superchecker

Have heard that for some, it can take up to 8 months or more to go thru the hiring process.

I've had problems signing in here. I am much more active over on www.reddit.com/r/vancouver

Read a bulletin that CMBC is needing to hire 528 Conventional Operator trainees in 2020, 20 every two weeks, six weeks paid training, and nearly 150 Community transit Operators too.

FYI: New wages listed over at www.translink.ca/drive PLUS 3% Raise April 1; and again next April 1st too

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  19. Superchecker

20. Superchecker

FYI: Just noticing that CMBC has reposted, Internally only at this time, for more Conventional Operator trainees... Should be open to the public soon...