Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Transit Jobs NOW!!! Coast Mountain Bus is HIRING!

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by Superchecker, Nov 19, 2011.

1. macrider

macrider New Member

If u put urself in he all day pool you will get close to full time hours but make your self available to all depots... I love to ft a month after starting and there is lots of work available.... the more restriction on your availability the less hrs u will get

Superchecker likes this.
  2. marcerickson

marcerickson Junior Member

Others can update you for CMBC. For West Van (Blue Bus), it depends what you sign for. I was hired as and am Permanent Part Time - but I'm getting about 35 hours a week. Despite that I was last on the seniority list when I signed, I had a few choices and took work that would give me an amount of hours I wanted and would begin in the afternoon (most days).

When I was in the hiring process, they said it would be for 24 to 36 hours a week. I don't know how much work guys ahead of me on the seniority list have signed for. Here at West Van Transit, full time is 37.5 or more hours weekly and has better benefits. I believe that they assign full time status to you before you can sign for work that has at least that amount of hours.

Superchecker likes this.
  3. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Hello! I never worked shuttle, but every one starts as a temp. The more available you are: the more shifts you'll get. The more hours you work, the quicker you'll achieve top wage! Once you've completed probation, you can scan the internal job postings for other job options.

Best of luck!

FYI temps earn 14% more $$$ in lieu of benefits

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  4. Superchecker

If you now have your class #2: FYI: West Vancouver often posts for extra summer staff every Feb.

Some have found jobs with the contractor for BC Transit out in the Fraser Valley.

I'm hearing thru the grapevine that Victoria is hiring, as is Calgary and Edmonton.

5. Superchecker

Reposted again, as of today's date!

6. anticop8

anticop8 New Member

they are quite strict on the reference policy. i passed the tests and interview and looks like they will withdraw my application because i didnt keep in touch with a part time job from 5 years ago.

7. Kyumilli

Kyumilli New Member

Hello all!
    Im new here and just finished reading through all the posts from page one lol took me about 3 days haha

Ive been working in a totally different industry for over 10 years (graphics/print) and been looking For career change.

Applied for conventional bus back in mid July thinking it was a long shot. BUT they finally contacted me in late Sept and I had the English/customer service test on Sept 30th. Got call from HR next business day and had my panel interview Oct 11. Still haven't heard back.. honestly I felt I like I bombed in the test and interviews lol but I think I really want this job, it seems fun! The guy said after the interview it would be about 2 weeks.. crossing my fingers cuz this week will be up.

Btw the English / customer service test wasn't a video test at all. We just got handed test papers and it's all reading then multiple choice.

Anyway just wanted to say hi and contribute.. thanks to everyone who had given tips and info!! I'll update again if I pass or failed hah

8. Superchecker

Still actively posted

9. Superchecker

The posting for mini bus/community shuttle has been reposted again as of today's date.

10. Superchecker

Reposted again as of today's date!

FYI: BC Transit-Victoria is also hiring!!

11. Superchecker

Coast Mountain Bus Company is in need of 5 Depot Coordinators, temp/casual to start, $29.51 to over $35 an hour; plus "temps" earn 20% more in lieu of benefits.

Vancouver depot staffed 24/7; suburban depots staffed early mornings thru dinner time, everyday of the year.

www.translink.ca/careers/ and then Coast Mountain Bus Company.

12. Superchecker

13. Superchecker

Reposted again as of today's date: immediate need for 400 more trainees, approx 16 every 2 weeks.

Will need 400 more in 2018; and 400 more in 2019!!!

Ramanjit Bains likes this.
  14. Superchecker

Coast Mountain Bus Company has reposted their need for even more Community Shuttle Operator trainees. Part time/casual to start, $19 to $25 an hour plus 14% more in lieu of benefits. 2 weeks paid training.

15. user

user Full Member

Happy holidays everyone!

It's been a while since I popped in here, and this thread seems dead... I'm still a Conventional op at CMBC and recently passed my 1 year mark. (2 years total, including my time in Community Shuttle) If only I had applied in Conventional from the start, I would've been higher up in seniority... Oh well. At least with lots of new trainees lately (a new class every 2 weeks?), you move up quickly.

Hoping 2018 will be a good year for everyone.

Superchecker likes this.
  16. Superchecker

Congrats on the switch over to Conventional! I'm nearing my 30th year with transit; over 25 years driving. Lots of new faces out in Richmond.

All the best to you too in the new year.

user likes this.
  17. user

user Full Member

Thank you! Same to you as well.

18. Kal

Kal Guest

Hi I've taken the customer service test twice and failed it both times. I've worked with the public for years but this test had got me twice. I'm not sure what they are looking for for answers. The first time I took it I based my answers by following the regulations and the second I put the customer first and both ways failed. Can anyone help me?

19. Kal

Kal Guest

Can someone help me with what they are lookin for with the customer service test? I've failed it twice and I don't know where I'm going wrong.

20. Raincouver

Raincouver Guest

I have always been wondering who’s superchecker, leading the way for so many of us :)