Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

This Forum Should be Better!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bine, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Bine

Bine Full Member

I like this forum the people here are sane and normal. It is too bad that more sane people don't find this forum.

2. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Many pop in here, but have little to say.....

3. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

I'd like more people to at least comment or reply to more posts, more often...

4. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Sorry Superchecker. Have been super busy with work. Not enough time to stay current on deals anymore :(.

5. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... the title of this thread is so unfair. this forum couldn't be any better than it is, it's great. you can post a topic and get polite replies. some boards have zero reply action at all and then there are the war boards where the whole objective is to harass new posters into leaving ...

... this is a fantastic forum!

6. Bine

Bine Full Member

This forum is great! It could be the new tomorrow!

7. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

when you say " should be better", do you mean should be more popular?

8. Bine

Bine Full Member

Yes more popular. I like i because it is more Vancouver related without the racist and ideological garbage that other forums offer.

9. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

Agreed. But sadly, as you point out, this forum has been forced to sacrifice volume to quality. When baboonery is tolerated on a forum, traffic swells ----- which is what advertisers and sponsors want. But when decency is mandated, not that many come on. The challenge is to find ways to make these forums sexy but not sleazy.

10. Bine

Bine Full Member

I like "foreign" posters like yourself that are considerate and reasonable. Other forums have detritus from many lands to pollute one forum. It is a mess. This being said, this forum is reasonable and interesting.

Anyway this forum is very good. Have a good weekend.