Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

The Value of Piety When Eating...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flutterby, Jul 18, 2015.

1. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

I really value some culture's reglions where eating is a kind of devotion to G*d. When one eats, I believe, one should be thankful to G*d for provision, as well as the Earth and all of the people involved in bringing the food to your plate...including the animals that died for it.

I so admire those cultures that really break from everything ie. all activity to eat. And who consume food that is cultivated and prepared in the same way that is has been for hundreds of years. Every time you eat, you are reminded of your culture, your heritage and all of the people and forces that make it possible. You become a part of a gorgeous continuity. They don't rush eating because you don't rush G*d. Eating becomes a kind of sacred act and I for one am all for it!

2. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

I just eat to live, and I enjoy what I consume. I have no problem with other persons making a ritual out of it. But personally, it is just like doing laundry. It has to be done.