Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Sports, Fitness & Outdoor Living The Grouse Grind

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Henry, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Henry

Henry Junior Member

Hey :D
    I recently did the Grouse Grind hike for the first time and it was a deadly 1 hour and 10 minutes. :l I was wondering if anyone else did it and what they thought of it and how long it took them :p. I'm planning on going again some time this year, it was so much fun and was such an experience! The view was worth it when I made the top.

2. elevatelife

elevatelife New Member

38 mins is my house record :p. Definitely a good time for a quick and effective workout. I was cruising up the hill with Matt Damon one time this summer, that was definitely a good moment! In terms of hikes, there's definitely some nicer ones (albeit longer) around Vancouver. The chief is a good step up from the grind, with awesome views as well, and Black Tusk is just incredible.

3. Henry

Henry Junior Member

It's been a while, but anyone buy a year pass?

4. GivesBadAdvice

GivesBadAdvice New Member

Who needs a pass? Save some money and hike down!

5. Henry

Henry Junior Member

I heard its generally not a good idea because
    1) You block people going up
    2) You ruin the trail if you push the dirt down when people are going up
    3) Unsafe

6. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

I finished at 1 hr and 9mins last summer. It was my first time and it was tough. Really really tough. I brought a bottle of water with me and it was not enough. More than half way up I had to take small sips to preserve the water. I went on a hot day. It was like 24c. It was brutal carrying a 5 pound DSLR camera on my back. By the time I got to the top my shirt was totally wet. I got so cold. Had lunch up there and then hiked up to the wind turbine. It was a lot of fun. If I do it again this summer I'll have to prepare more. I got back from Victoria like one hour before I did the grouse grind. I was supposed to go home and get some sleep cause I only had 3 hours of sleep at the hotel in Victoria, but I decided I didn't want to waste my day off, so I went and did the grouse grind.

7. MikeGillis33

MikeGillis33 Junior Member

How much is the pass?

8. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

$10 to take the gondola down. I hiked the Petgill lake trail today. It is off the sea to Sky highway across from Murrin Provincial Park. It was tough. More tough than the grind.

9. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I still remember the days when it was $5 :sad:.

10. Henry

Henry Junior Member

You can always walk down :p