Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Discussion surgical instrument in vancouver

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by ross, Aug 5, 2012.

1. ross

ross New Member

Hi All
    wondering if there are any store in Vancouver I can visit for purchasing surgical instrument for a simple surgery procedure to remove a small lipoma.

thanks

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Just get it done at a walk in clinic or your family doctor.

3. mission

mission Full Member

I didn't know the family doctor does that, I would think lipoma removal needs to be done at the hospital. Not unless I overblown the complexity of the procedure.

4. milquetoast

Hmm... you might be right. I think it would largely depend on location, size and the family doctor's comfort with those sort of procedures.

If it's small, superficial and in a safe location, I'd imagine it could be done in the office. Although, I'm sure a plastic surgeon would do a much better job.

Not sure why the OP wants to do it himself/herself without anesthesia? Financial reasons?

http://www.healthlinkbc.ca/kb/content/special/tm6295spec.html

5. ross

ross New Member

Not planning to do it myself but my sister which is an experienced nurse.
    I really don't get it when people leave comment which is not related to the question . I was hoping to receive comment on how/where to find a store that surgical sell instrument.

6. milquetoast

Seeing as how you left that detail out, it's easy to speculate why others would be hesitant to provide you with a list of stores for DIY surgery. :facepalm: These types of questions will always garner responses telling to you haul your ass to the doctor/hospital.

"I'd like to remove my own wisdom teeth, where can I buy surgical scalpels, syringes, and anesthesia?" :whistle:

As for your question, Yellow Pages and Google will give you a list of medical and surgical supply stores.