Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Sick From A Library Book?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flutterby, Sep 11, 2015.

1. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

So it seems like i've come down with a Strep Throat infection. I haven't been out of the apt. in 2 weeks. Could I have gotten something on a library book? Can a take out salad give you a throat infection? ugh. I'm taking Cepacol because it really numbs the pain but there is somekind of antibiotic in there which is not good for my body's Microbiome.

the mechanic likes this.
  2. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... sorry to hear you're under the weather, flutterby. i've never heard of someone getting sick from a book, but it could happen i suppose ...

3. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

The cold virus is spread via contact. If someone with a cold touches something, the virus could end up on that object. When someone else touches that object and then perhaps touches his own face, he could get the cold.

the mechanic likes this.
  4. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

I'm gonna wipe book jackets down and maybe even air books outside for a bit before I bring them onto my bed for reading in the future.

the mechanic likes this.
  5. Oh, no. Sorry to hear you have been sick for two weeks.

I don't ever borrow books from the library anymore. Not since the Burnaby one had that bug infestation. Ew!

Also, they look so dirty, they smell icky and there is always a surprise inside the book (like a snot ball) pressed inside a book my daughter borrowed. Ew!

Don't borrow books from libraries. Opt for ebooks. The best part is if you don't like the book, you just click the Return button.

Chicken soup and Apple Cider Vinegar (1 TBSP through the flu season) Make sure you rinse your teeth with water after drinking the ACV.

Take care

6. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

hey, thanks for your nice post guest. i guess it might be worse for kids because they touch everything. That's excellent advice and i have drank hot ACV with honey like a tea before and I think I will do this again...maybe with come Cayenne too. I will wipe book jackets and leave them by an open window for a while before reading in the future.