Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Discussion Reviews of Vancouver group buy sites (groupon, grooster, indulge living etc..)

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by milquetoast, Oct 20, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

The list of social shopping sites is huge and still growing. Some sites have even briefly entered the market and quit. The deals from site to site are similar and on occasion you'll even get the same deal on 2 or 3 different sites at the same time. So clearly a large factor in whether or not these sites can survive in Vancouver is service.

My experiences are as follows:

Positive (good customer service, professional, willing to accommodate)
    Grooster - Awesome, read my feedback here.
    Social Shopper - Great CS, had an issue and they were quick to look into it and reply without me prompting them.
    Indulge Living

Negative
    LivingSocial - For a huge company that got $25 million in funding, they sure suck ass at responding to emails. They are non-responsive to questions. It's almost like they didn't hire anyone for customer service.
    SwarmJam - They are unprofessional. Some questions are answered while others are flat out ignored. Didn't like how they spammed this board until the admin intervened.

Neutral
    Groupon - Decent but not stellar. They need to limit the amount of Groupons more often.
    TeamBuy - Decent support, but I don't like how they create shill (fake) accounts to post their deals on forums. It reflects poorly on the company.

Haven't purchased from or tested their customer service
    Dealfind
    Steal the Deal
    GoodNews
    WagJag
    BCDailyDeals
    TownHog - They had a few deals but now seem to be defunct. May come back like WagJag did?

Share your own experiences as it will help people decide which companies to spend our money on. An important test is how these companies handle oversold deals: do they extend the expiry date, do they offer refunds, etc.

2. Lesel Radage

Lesel Radage New Member

Wow - Thanks for the great review!!! We really aim to provide the best experience we possibly can. Best regards, Lesel - CEO grooster.com

3. StacyS

StacyS Junior Member

4. Sandra H.

Sandra H. Guest

I agree with the review. Thanks for the information.

5. Kendra

Kendra Guest

I would warm people about Indulge Living. Bought 3 microdermabrasion sessions from a 'medi spa' that they advertised a state of the art , newest technology etc..... when i called to redeem my voucher i found out it was not the case, one woman operating out of a salon, who told me that it wasn't worth her time to come in and give the the procedure. ????????????? Excuse me???? She then told me she has contacted a lawyer because they sold her deal online without her permission. So i paid this money and could not get even one of the treatments i paid for. I've contacted Indulge living over a dozen times via email and phone calls, without on single response!!!! Total theft.

6. milquetoast

Unfortunately, Indulge Living has gone downhill since they changed ownership. The spelling mistakes on their new site and the lack of customer service go hand in hand with this changeover. They're owned by The Red Pocket now.

7. John5698

John5698 Guest

You all sounds like your cranky and on your period go get laid on plenty of fish LOL

8. ema

ema Full Member

Hey GoodNews shut down btw.

9. milquetoast

10. ema

ema Full Member

11. I too have been having trouble with Indulge Living. One of the restaurants that I bought a voucher for has gone out of business. I have contacted the company to see if they will give me a refund...and have had no response yet! Very frustrating.

12. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

Indulgeliving is now buytopia.

13. Love a deal

Love a deal Guest

I am a deal seeker and love to purchase coupons! I have only had great experiences with Living Social, Team Buy and Groupon. Every coupon purchased from these vendors has worked, and the customer service is at least satisfactory.

My experience with SOCIAL SHOPPER on the other hand has been TERRIBLE!!!!

I WILL NEVER PURCHASE A COUPON FROM SOCIAL SHOPPER AGAIN!!!!!
    I purchased a coupon, was unable to redeem it because the company shut down (not Social Shopper's fault). However, I emailed Social Shopper three times over the course of two months, and they have yet to contact me, refund me, or put a credit on my Social Shopper account.

Coupon sites are great!!! But beware of Social Shopper!

Night Of GuardianS likes this.