Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Local Recommendations for Indian All-You-Can-Eat

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by mission, Oct 12, 2011.

1. mission

mission Full Member

Any good recommendations for All-You-Can-Eat Indian restaurants in the Lower Mainland?

How is the menu selection?

What price range?

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

There are a bunch around Main & 49th (Punjabi Market) for $10-15. Selection and quality are hit/miss.

I had a groupon-type thing for the buffet at Jubilee Restaurant & Sweets. I liked their butter chicken, samosas and papadum. Despite being a new place, the chairs and utenseils are old and sketchy looking but the staff seem nice enough and you can't beat the price.

3. mission

mission Full Member

Thanks for the info on Main & 49th, I will check it out.

Meanwhile, I found this restaurant with AYCE buffet:

Saffron Indian Cuisine
    5-4300 Kingsway
    Burnaby
    (corner of Kingsway and Wilson)
    Phone: 604-436-5000

Lunch Buffet: 7 days a week, 11:30 am - 02:30 pm
    Dinner Buffet: Sunday - Wednesday, 05:30 pm - 09:00 pm
    The All-you-can-eat buffet costs $15 for lunch.

The selection/range of dishes is ok. There are 2 types of chicken offered - butter chicken and tandori chicken. They are missing the beef curry - either they don't serve it on the buffet menu or they run out of it. They also has a salad bar but I can't understand why someone would want to eat salad greens in an Indian restaurant.

Any other recommendations is certainly welcome.