Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Question

Discussion in 'Questions and Feedback' started by ema, Jun 26, 2010.

1. ema

ema Full Member

Hi there!
    This isn't really a feedback ...but I was wondering if it would be possible to make a hotpink version of the site?
    Rather than the default navy blue header?

Yes, I like my pink. :cool:

2. Forum Vancouver

Forum Vancouver Administrator Staff Member

I suppose so, though it would make things complicated to edit..since I'd have to edit/install things twice because of the way it's set up.

Maybe when I am bored...

3. ema

ema Full Member

Oh that's fine if you don't want to. Just the navy blue is too manly for me...lol

4. Forum Vancouver

It's totally unisex.

5. ema

ema Full Member

No, it's totally more on the masculin side.

6. Forum Vancouver

I think purple would look better than hot pink.

I figured out an easy way to create a pink version without messing too much with the forum, but you'd need to be able to toggle between alternate style sheets (which you can do with a firefox plugin, not sure which browser you use though).

7. ema

ema Full Member

I'm with Safari, but it's fine I can always switch to Firefox when using forumvancouver.
    Just link me the plug-in and I'll get it.

8. Forum Vancouver

I'm impressed with your commitment towards pink.

Do you have photoshop? If so, you should change the colour of the banner so I can see what kind of "pink" you want.

9. ema

ema Full Member

lol I don't like just any pink. I prefer hot pink, not light girly baby pink. But that betseyjohnson pink :p
    You don't have to if you don't want to but I was just wondering in the near future maybe!

Sorry I was bored and spent a good 5 minutes trying to mimic the font style you're using. But gave up cause obviously it took too long.

[​IMG]
    Background: FE007E (nevermind this) I like this hot pink: F806A0
    Forum pink colour: FF84C1

I don't know, it looks odd...I think you should make the samples. The light pink looks too girly and the hot pink looks too red now.

**To answer your question, yes I have photoshop. But last used it in grade 8, don't remember to make layers or anything anymore. Sucksssss

10. Forum Vancouver

11. ema

ema Full Member

The fuschia aka the FORUM doesn't contrast well with the dark undertone of that pink...

12. Forum Vancouver

Only did that because your example is so extreme.

[​IMG]

13. ema

ema Full Member

LOL I know it is. But can you tone the fuschia down? Maybe a brighter pink? Yeah yeah?

14. Forum Vancouver

It turns out red if I adjust it that way, probably because it's dark to begin with.

I did this: [​IMG]

But that wouldn't go well with the gray navigation bar :p.

15. ema

ema Full Member

THAT'S TOO PINK!
    Yeah it won't :(
    Well I talking about the word Forum being a bit more pink, cause I see the gradient that you're using.
    That purple is nice, but if only the world Forum is a bit more on the pink light or pink hot side.

*On a side note: I'm a junior member now LOL!

16. Forum Vancouver

Will adjust it later :p.

In Safari, there's a plugin called SafariStand that can load alternate style sheets. So what you'd do is load a custom style sheet for this website with the alternate headers.

17. ema

ema Full Member

^Mmm, I'll look into that.

18. scsf

scsf New Member

Great site!

19. scsf

scsf New Member

Nice. I checked this out. I like Mac-friendly admins! :)

20. jensmh

jensmh New Member

Looking good.