Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Sponsored Premium TEA sale up to 40%, Free shipping

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by Kennethson, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Kennethson

Kennethson New Member

www.zentealife.com
    Spring Tea Event!
    Take 20-40% off: Coupon code: spring
    At last, we started our first sale of the year. You will get a minimum of 20% off and up to 40% off for many teas.
    You can get a minimum of 30% discount by selecting 200g of tea.
    Check out our tea section for the amazing deal!(www.zentealife.com)

Free Shipping within BC

Redeem your points by clicking the 'Apply Points' button on the Shopping Cart page.
    - Get 100 points while registering (worth $2)
    - Review: 10 points per each validated review

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Good deal, especially with free shipping! The Lapsang Souchong at $2 per 50g (after coupon) is half the price of local stores. http://zentealife.com/tea/type/black/lapsangsouchong.html

I asked this in the other thread but what's the difference between your two types of TGY? In particular, where are they sourced?

I've seen vendors use the terms monkey-picked in so many different contexts (grade, processing, growing altitude, etc.) that it's become a meaningless term. From the picture it looks like the monkey-picked is more roasted.

3. penguin

penguin Guest

is there a way to apply the discount code 'spring' and use points at the same time?

4. milquetoast

@penguin, I don't think so. I couldn't get it to work.

Hmm... if anyone if considering ordering I would recommend using paypal for credit card processing. Their site stores passwords in plain text (unencrypted) which is not secure.

5. dharamsala

dharamsala Guest

Discount code and rewards points can't be used at the same time. I'b better accumulate points for the time being.

6. zen tea

zen tea Guest

Thank you for your inquiry and sorry for late reply. Our Tieguanyin-monkey picked is dark oolong. Tieguanyin is semi-oxidized greener colored oolong tea. So if you prefer to drink roasted, nutty flavour, we recommend to choose Monkey picked Tieguanyin. Our Tieguanyin is somewhat similar flavour to Jinxiantejian with special floral aroma. Our Tieguanyin is sourced from Anxi rigion of China.

As you mentioned, every vendor use the terms monkey-picked in different contexts.
    Thank you.

7. milquetoast

Thanks for the reply.

Just noticed something that might be a price error. Smaller quantity zip pouches are cheaper than bulk on items with "Special Pricing". It looks like when a tea is on sale, their system takes off a flat amount ($1) regardless of weight.

For example:
    100g zip pouch: $7 - $1 = $6
    50g zip pouch: $3.50 - $1 = $2.50

In these cases, it would be wiser to buy multiple small pouches rather than a single large bag.

With the coupon, the TGY Monkey Pick is $0.80 per 20g so $4/100g. Assuming that the tea is decent, that's crazy cheap.

Most tea seems to be 20% off, haven't been able to find any that have a 40% discount.

8. Zen Tea

Zen Tea Guest

Thank you for pointing out the secret of fixed price discount. Yes, you can get cheaper price when you buy 20g size or 50g size. But we trust customers and luckily have experienced 'only 20g order' 2 times.

As you mentioned, Tieguanyin monkey is $4/50g. If you order 2 of 50g, it will be $8/100g. (Regular price is $10). Also additional 20% will be applied with coupon code. So it's 36% discount total. Special price is offered for many teas currently.

We made our price extremely low to give people opportunity to experience our superior quality and taste of teas. Our teas have been getting great feedbacks, but not so many customers in Vancouver know our business. Also please check reviews on Steepster: http://steepster.com/teas/zen-tea?letter=Z

It's free shipping in BC. Honestly, we can't make money through this discount and free shipping.

9. tea-time

tea-time Guest

20g option has been removed :'( 80 cents was a hot hot deal!! i wonder if they honoured those who were able to order it?

Zentealife, will you be offering local pick up when free shipping expires?

10. Zen Tea

Zen Tea Guest

We temporarily removed 20g option with special price until we can apply exact discount rate on 20g. We plan to relist 20g option by Monday.

We'll offer local pick up when free shipping expires, but the free shipping option will be continued for a long time. Peace!

11. jsdfso

jsdfso Guest