Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

People Dying After Receiving Cancer Treatment?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the mechanic, Oct 16, 2013.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... something i've noticed is that people i know who are diagnosed with cancer and get treatment end up dying very quickly afterwards ...

... i bring this up because i just got the news that my friend dave, in his sixties, who's had surgeries and was taking medication for a whole bunch of ailments just got diagnosed with a new one, liver cancer, and his death is imminent. i feel it's the treatment the doctors are prescribing that is killing many of these people. the pattern i'm seeing is very clear ...

... any comments? anyone have similar observations about the uselessness of some medical treatment

2. I have noticed the same here in the US as in Canada. I am still officially Canadian after 20 years down here. The drugs, surgery, and/or radiation therapies are extremely expensive and essentially ineffective. No matter who is 'paying' for it - insurance company, government, or person going bankrupt before he dies, this is still a fact. My personal belief is that cancer is a genetic and lifestyle affliction, mostly the latter.
    Have a look at this analysis from James Corbett. He is a young energetic guy from Calgary living now in Japan and of course a real shit-disturber.

the mechanic likes this.
  3. the mechanic

... thanks very much for your fantastic post as well as your insightful feedback, Doug in Indiana! will definitely review the information you linked to in your post ...

... thanks again!

4. tchow

tchow New Member

How true! it is a well known fact that cancer doesn't kill, the treatment does. Vancouver has no shortage of NDs , it may not help, surely it wouldn't hurt. This brings to mind a cartoon clipping posted on my office wall with two cancer researchers just chatting. one said.. guess what ? " they just discovered the cure for cancer", the other replied " how sad, we'll be out of a job". The cancer industry is a very big industry.

the mechanic likes this.
  5. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

My father and uncle both had cancer and recovered due to the cancer treatment they received. My aunt passed away due to cancer. She received treatment, but the cancer came back and died as a result of the cancer. Had she not received treatment, she would have died sooner.

Cancer comes in many different forms. Some are more aggressive than others. Depending on the patient and type of cancer, different treatments are recommended or perhaps none at all.

the mechanic likes this.
  6. the mechanic

... here's a very stark example of the lethal perils of cancer treatment ...

... when i first moved to powell river in '05 i made friends with a wonderful older gent name don. one day don confided to me that he'd gone to his doctor and had been diagnosed with some kind of internal cancer. however, he had no symptoms and he told me he was in no pain or discomfort. nonetheless, his doctor ordered him to commence a treatment regimen. then a few weeks later i was at the hospital and i saw a man who looked like death, like a zombie who'd just crawled out of the grave, staggering into the building. then i realized -- holy smokes! -- it's my friend don!

... jesus christ don, what's wrong? i asked. don croaked out that the previous night he'd taken some cancer pills his doctor had prescribed him and he'd suddenly become violently ill ...

... that was the last time i ever saw my friend don and i found out later he died that night in the hospital ...

... so there you go. i received a very serious warning about cancer treatment in this province that day, one i'll never forget ...

7. the mechanic

... as an addendum to my post above, my deceased friend's name was norm, not don. sorry norm. rest in peace dude ...