Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Finances & Real Estate Our family is looking for kid friendly neighbourhoods.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mofro, Nov 22, 2012.

1. mofro

mofro Junior Member

Hey everyone,

My wife and I have two young children (under 3) and are looking to buy a house. We would like to find an area with lots of young kids and to date, the area which offers this is Burke Mountain in Coquitlam. We do not want to live in the Fraser Valley, which I know has a lot of kids.

We had never heard of Burke Moutain prior to our initial search, this got us thinking that there may be other pockets in other areas, such as Burnaby or North Vancouver with young kids and families? Let me know if you know of any areas with a high number of children in the metro vancouver region, we'd love to get suggestions.

2. compass

compass Junior Member

This is contradicting, on one hand you like an area with lots of kids and on the other hand, you do not want to live in the Fraser Valley because there is lots of kids.

Anyway, Fraser Valley is not that bad, Langley is a nice city to live in, South Surrey is nice too but a little more expensive than Langley. Langley will be very affordable for a person who is thinking of Burke Mountain.

If lots of kids is really important, why don't you find out which neighbourhood has the most concentration of elementary schools. That where all the kids are.

3. Hanson

Hanson Guest

Hey Mofros.

As a realtor agent, I have several experiences in the Burnaby area and North Vancouver area that I would recommend, I have personally lived in these communities my self. As a kid growing up in North Vancouver, I suggest taking a look at upper Lonsdale. This place has several nice school catchments with very friendly neighborhoods.

On the other hand, if you take a look at North Burnaby, there is an quiet neighborhood with nice families that settled down in this area. I would recommend the Brentwood area as I currently reside there. The school catchment is North Burnaby highschool and many nice elementary catchments.

Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to send me an email and I can give you more info and updates. If you are at all interested in having a guide to take you for a stroll around these neighborhoods, feel free to contact me.

Hanson W
    778-558-1466
    [email protected]