Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Local Oru Mother's Day Seafood Buffet at the Fairmont Pacific Rim

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by milquetoast, May 8, 2011.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Food was kind of hit and miss. Wasn't a fan of the chilled poached stuff, sushi and the dimsum. The sablefish, soup, ravioli and tiger prawns I liked.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dessert was win, though I wish they restocked the spoon items. Failed by accidentally getting a marshmallow.
    [​IMG]

The dessert in the spoon here tasted like Kopiko.
    [​IMG]

Definitely not worth the full $75. Even at the discounted price, I wouldn't call it a good deal but it was neat to try :).

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Here's some stuff from their breakfast buffet. I was too full to try the chef attended omelette station, but it looked like it had a good variety of toppings to choose from. They had Chinese tea eggs too, which is cool.

They didn't put the toppings on the eggs benny until after I got mine.
    [​IMG]

Waffles were made on the spot so they were good, especially in combination with the whipped cream.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fresh grapefruit juice? Drank all the juices actually.
    [​IMG]

Fresh apple juice that tasted like apples.
    [​IMG]