Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Fashion & Beauty Old School Shaving - double edge safety razors, straight razors and the like

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Jun 22, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I've recently started to get more into this. I've been using an Edwin Jagger DE89 safety razor with Merkur super blades. Haven't gotten a brush yet, but I'm not in a rush since I like Neutrogena's shave gel, smells good.

[​IMG]

So far, it's given me a decent shave, but it's definitely been more work and I've had to be more careful with angle and pressure. When I'm in a pinch, I still reach for the Gillette (especially since I have a pile of unopened fusions that I got for free) because I still can't beat it in terms of quality of shave per time spent.

The Mekur blades do seem to "catch" a lot, especially near my chin and neck area, so I'm hoping to try other alternatives.

Anyone else into this stuff?